Senior Living in Clark, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Clark, NJ: 07066
- Clark scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Clark scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 31 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, Jfk Medical Center, and Children\'s Specialized Hosp.
- There are 164 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clark Nursing and Rehab Center, Westfield Center, and RWJ University Hospital at Rahway - Kindred Hospital LTACH.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1644 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Ridge Golf Course, Colonia Country Club, and Colonia Country Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Watchung Reservation, Roosevelt Park, and Freshkills Park.
- There are 759 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, St Agnes Church, and Osceola Presbyterian Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1043 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 38 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 379 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $103,302, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $86,708, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,894, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clark receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clark has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Clark has a dense population density of 3,427.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clark have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Clark has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.74%.