Senior Living in Clarklake, Michigan
Top zip codes in Clarklake, MI: 49234
- Clarklake scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clarklake scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Allegiance Health, Duane L Waters Hospital, and Doctors Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blue Ridge Care Home, Country Living Adult Foster Care, and Greenleaf Care Home I & II.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Run Golf Course, Cascade Short Course & Driving Range, and Cascades Eighteen Course at Cascades Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Irish Hills Kampground, Somerset Beach Campground, and Cambridge State Historic Park.
- There are 64 churches in or near the city, including St Rita\'s Church, New Jerusalem Christian, and Napoleon United Methodist Chr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,676, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,042, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,917, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $29,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,200 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarklake receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarklake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clarklake has a sparse population density of 117.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarklake have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Clarklake has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.67%.