Senior Living in Clarks, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Clarks, NE: 68628
- Clarks scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Clarks scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Litzenberg Memorial County Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Litzenberg Memorial County Hospital, Central City Care Center, and Cottonwood Estates.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley View Golf Club, Ryan Hill Country Club, and Pawnee Hills Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including C R I Worldwide Corporation, Kernel Field, and Fishers Cove Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Evangelical Free Church of America, Arborville Congregational Church, and Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,691, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,981, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,701, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,847 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,970 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.13%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarks receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarks has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Clarks has a very sparse population density of 7.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarks have a short daily commute time.
- Clarks has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.17%.