Senior Living in Clarksburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Clarksburg, PA: 15725
- Clarksburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Clarksburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Scenery Hill Manor, St. Andrew\'s Village, and Moorehead Place.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Kiskiminetas Springs School Golf Course, Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, and Mannitto Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Saylor Park, Pine Ridge Park, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Kitner Charles S, St James Church, and Congruity Presbyterian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,432, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,155, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,464, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarksburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarksburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Clarksburg has a very sparse population density of 48.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarksburg have a long daily commute time.
- Clarksburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.65%.