Senior Living in Clarkston, Georgia
Top zip codes in Clarkston, GA: 30021
- Clarkston scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Clarkston scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Decatur (atlanta) Va Medical Center, Dekalb Medical Center, and Emory Northlake Reg Med Ctr.
- There are 206 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northlake Gardens, All In One Personal Care Home, and William\'s PCH.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1028 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (11% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Smoke Rise Golf & Country Club, Heritage Club, The, and Hidden Hills Golf & Country Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Winnona Park, Wade-Walker Park, and Fernbank Forest.
- There are 495 churches in or near the city, including Clarkston First Baptist Church, Clarkston Baptist Church, and Clarkston United Methodist Chr.
- There are 29 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 596 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 117 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,771, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,197, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,969, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.89%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarkston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarkston has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Clarkston has a dense population density of 6,216.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarkston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clarkston has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.41%.