Senior Living in Clarkston, Michigan
- Clarkston scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clarkston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Havenwyck Hospital, Poh Medical Center, and Doctor\'s Hospital Of Michigan.
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Years Elderly Care Home, Autumn Ridge of Clarkston, and Pine Tree Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 284 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 180 golf courses in or around the city, including Shepherd\'s Hollow Golf Club, Clarkston Creek Golf Club, and Falcon/Hawk Course at Pine Knob Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including All Saints Cemetery, Independence Oaks County Park, and Indian Springs Metropark.
- There are 121 churches in or near the city, including Oakland Woods Baptist Church, Clarkston Community Church, and St Daniel Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 106 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 81 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.42% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,384, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,555, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,382, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.37%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarkston receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarkston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clarkston has an average population density of 981.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarkston have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clarkston has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.92%.