Senior Living in Clarkston, Washington
Top zip codes in Clarkston, WA: 99403
- Clarkston scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Clarkston scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tri-state Memorial Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sycamore Glen Adult Family Homes, Tendercare Homes, and Geni Mertsching.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Clarkston Golf & Country Club, Quail Ridge Golf Course, and Pomeroy Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Chief Timothy Park, Hells Gate State Park, and Chief Looking Glass Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Abundant Storage, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,946, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,832, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,775, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,716 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarkston receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarkston has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Clarkston has a sparse population density of 127.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarkston have a very short daily commute time.
- Clarkston has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.16%.