Senior Living in Clarksville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Clarksville, IN: 47129
- Clarksville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Clarksville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kentuckiana Medical Center Llc, Clark Memorial Hospital, and University Of Louisville Hospital.
- There are 98 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clark Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, Riverview Village, and Westminster Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 557 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Wooded View Golf Course, Shawnee Golf Course, and Jeffersonville Elks Golf Course.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Add-More Campground, Falls of the Ohio State Park, and Boone Square Park.
- There are 370 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony of Padua Catholic, First Southern Baptist Church, and Colgate Baptist Church.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 274 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,802, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,112, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,086, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.06%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarksville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarksville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Clarksville has a dense population density of 2,074.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarksville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clarksville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.15%.