Senior Living in Clarksville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Clarksville, MD: 21029
- Clarksville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Clarksville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Howard County General Hospital, Montgomery General Hospital Inc, and Taylor Manor Hospital.
- There are 205 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Yolandas Home, Hillside House, and BrightLife Care Group.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 382 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club, Fairway Hills Golf Club, and Cattail Creek Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Robinson Nature Center, Blandair Park, and Patuxent River State Park.
- There are 263 churches in or near the city, including Christ Lutheran Church, St Louis Catholic Church, and Linden-Linthicum United Meth.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 195 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $205,762, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $181,204, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $63,988, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarksville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarksville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Clarksville has an average population density of 710.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarksville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clarksville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.78%.