Senior Living in Clarksville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Clarksville, MI: 48815
- Clarksville scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clarksville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Laurels of Kent, Retirement Living, and Adams Adult Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Morrison Lake Country Club, Tyler Creek Golf Club, and Blue/White Course at Saskatoon Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Deer Run Golf Course, Welcome Woods Campground, and Ionia State Recreation Area.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Hope Church of Brethren, Lakeside Community Church, and Alto Bowne Center United Mthdst.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.93% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,025, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,135, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.19%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarksville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarksville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clarksville has a very sparse population density of 82.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarksville have a long daily commute time.
- Clarksville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.91%.