Senior Living in Clarksville, New York
Top zip codes in Clarksville, NY: 12041
- Clarksville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Clarksville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, St Peter\'s Hospital, and Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including NRP National Retirement Partners, Capital District Ddos, and Atria Delmar Place.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Normanside Country Club, Skene Valley Country Club, and Colonie Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, Cornell Cooperative Extension, and John Boyd Thacher State Park.
- There are 178 churches in or near the city, including Clarksville Comm Reformed Chr, Jerusalem Reformed Church, and Jerusalem Reformed Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,216, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,844, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,110, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clarksville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clarksville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Clarksville has a sparse population density of 304.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clarksville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clarksville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.95%.