Senior Living in Clawson, Michigan
Top zip codes in Clawson, MI: 48017
- Clawson scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clawson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including William Beaumont Hospital, St John Oakland Hospital, and Madison Community Hospital.
- There are 361 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cambridge North Healthcare Center, Chester Street Residence, and Royal Oak House Assisted Living Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1812 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 172 golf courses in or around the city, including Normandy Oaks Golf Club, Royal Oak Golf Club, and Red Run Golf Club.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including The Barkshire, Red Oaks Waterpark, and Red Oaks Nature Center.
- There are 636 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Grace Church, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, and Heritage Church of Christ.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 548 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 287 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.42% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,847, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,473, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,578, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clawson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clawson has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clawson has a dense population density of 5,375.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clawson have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clawson has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.44%.