Senior Living in Clay, New York
Top zip codes in Clay, NY: 13041
- Clay scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Clay scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, Four Winds Syracuse, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Cottages at Garden Grove, Rogers Senior Apartments, and Buckley Landing.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 241 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Skyline Golf & Country Club, Ajemians Liverpool Golf & Public Country Club, and Caughdenoy Creek Country Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Fort Brewerton State Park, Oneida Shores County Park, and Onondaga Lake County Park.
- There are 137 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Church, Wattles Stuart C, and Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 201 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 99 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,784, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,154, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,190, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.56%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clay receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Clay has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Clay has an average population density of 586.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clay have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Clay has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.44%.