Senior Living in Claymont, Delaware
Top zip codes in Claymont, DE: 19703
- Claymont scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- Claymont scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alfred I Dupont Hospital, Keystone Center, and Crozer Chester Medical Center.
- There are 113 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Club Apartments, Forwood Manor, and Milton and Hattie Kutz Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 583 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 142 golf courses in or around the city, including Brandywine Country Club, Rock Manor Golf Club, and Nemours Course at DuPont Country Club, The.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Radnor Green Park, Bellevue State Park, and Fox Point State Park.
- There are 426 churches in or near the city, including Atonement Methodist Church, Church of the Ascension, and Holy Rosary Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 298 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 191 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,191, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,138, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,920, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claymont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Claymont has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Claymont has a dense population density of 3,687.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claymont have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Claymont has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.55%.