Senior Living in Claypool, Indiana
Top zip codes in Claypool, IN: 46510
- Claypool scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Claypool scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Kosciusko Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Miller\'s Merry Manor Warsaw, Grace Village Retirement Community, and Gardens at Lake City.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonehenge Golf Club(Executive Course at Stonehenge Golf Club ), Rozella Ford Golf Club, and Sycamore Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (River City Campground & Music and Lakeview Campground).
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Ce National, New Horizon Community Church, and Kent Jr Homer A.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,809, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,355, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,673, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claypool receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Claypool has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Claypool has a very sparse population density of 54.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claypool have an average daily commute time.
- Claypool has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.09%.