Senior Living in Claysburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Claysburg, PA: 16625
- Claysburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Claysburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nason Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wesner\'s Claysburg Manor, Maple Winds Care Center and Autumns View Personal Care, and Blair Chalet.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Knob Golf Club, King Valley Golf Course, and Iron Masters Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Wright\'s Orchard Station).
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Claysburg Church of God, Upper Claar Church-Bethren, and St Thomas More Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,383, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,299, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,578, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claysburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Claysburg has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Claysburg has a sparse population density of 120.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claysburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Claysburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.98%.