Senior Living in Claysville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Claysville, PA: 15323
- Claysville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Claysville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Washington Hospital, The and Advanced Surgical Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kade Health and Rehabilitation Center, Arc Arch, and Tri County Patriots.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Dogwood Hills Golf Course, Brookside/Lakeside Course at Lone Pine Golf Club, and Washington County Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bear Rock Lakes Wildlife Management Area, Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area, and Four Seasons Camping Resort.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Claysville Christian Church, Presbyterian Church United, and Claysville United Methodist Ch.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,644, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,196, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,867, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Claysville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Claysville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Claysville has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Claysville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Claysville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.