Senior Living in Clayton, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Clayton, LA: 71326
- Clayton scores lower than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Clayton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Professional Rehab Hospital and Riverland Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center Ferriday, Camelot Leisure Living, and Plantation Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Panola Woods Country Club, Lake Bruin Golf & Country Club, and Caldwell Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Catahoula Recreation, Catahoula Recreation, and Sportsman\'s Lodge.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Ferriday Church of God, First Church of God, and Amazing Grace Ministry-arts.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $30,953, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $26,125, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $12,518, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,225 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $30,888 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.26%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clayton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clayton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Clayton has a very sparse population density of 14.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clayton have a very short daily commute time.
- Clayton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.82%.