Senior Living in Clayton, North Carolina
- Clayton scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Clayton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wakemed, Raleigh Campus, Holly Hill/ Charter Behavioral, and Wake Cnty Alcoholism Treat Ctr.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clayton House, Brian Center Health & Retirement/Clayton, and Passionate Care Group Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Hollow Golf Course, Riverwood Golf Club, and Neuse Golf Club, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including All-Star Park, East Clayton Dog Park, and Municipal Park.
- There are 136 churches in or near the city, including Cleveland Community Church, Baptist Center Church, and Bethesda Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,332, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,333, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,217, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clayton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clayton has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Clayton has a sparse population density of 456.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clayton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Clayton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.09%.