Senior Living in Clayton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Clayton, NJ: 08312
- Clayton scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Clayton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Camden Cnty Hlth Servs Center, South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital, and Virtua West Jersey Hosp-berlin.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wedgewood Operating, Greenfield Senior Living at Cross Keys, and Manorcare Health Services-Washington Township.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 315 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Pitman Golf Course, Wedgwood Country Club, and Maple Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Trump National Golf Club, Parvin State Park, and Four Seasons Family Campground.
- There are 124 churches in or near the city, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, St Catherine of Siena Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 122 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,187, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,581, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,676, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clayton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clayton has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Clayton has an average population density of 1,355.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clayton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Clayton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.88%.