Senior Living in Clayton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Clayton, OH: 45315
- Clayton scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Clayton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Good Samaritan Hospital, Grandview Hospital & Medical Center, and Medical Center At Elizabeth Place.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Englewood Manor, Cypress Pointe Health Campus, and Brookdale Centennial Park.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 180 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Moss Creek Golf Club, Meadowbrook Country Club, and Larch Tree Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Dayton KOA, Aullwood Garden MetroPark, and Dayton Memorial Park Cemetery.
- There are 180 churches in or near the city, including Salem Church of God, Clayton United Methodist, and Still Water at the YMCA.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 89 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,482, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,256, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.47%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clayton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Clayton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clayton has a sparse population density of 407.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clayton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clayton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.16%.