Senior Living in Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Clearfield, PA: 16830
- Clearfield scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Clearfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Clearfield Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Mountain Laurel Nursing Care and Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club, Grandview Golf Course, and Du Bois Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Woodland Campground, S B Elliott State Park, and Curwensville Lake Recreation.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Clearfield Ch of Nazarene, St Pauls Lutheran Church, and Bailey Gary B.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,118, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,041, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,770, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.71%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clearfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Clearfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Clearfield has a sparse population density of 107.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clearfield have a very short daily commute time.
- Clearfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.94%.