Senior Living in Clearville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Clearville, PA: 15535
- Clearville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Clearville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Donahoe Manor, Colonial Courtyard, and Pennknoll Village.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Bedford Elks Golf Club, Bedford Springs Golf Club, and Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Buchanan State Forest, Billmeyer Wildlife Management Area, and Hidden Springs Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Bedford Church of Nazarene and Acts Community Fellowship).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,043, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,281, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,900, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.82%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clearville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clearville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Clearville has a very sparse population density of 14.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clearville have a very long daily commute time.
- Clearville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.72%.