Senior Living in Clearwater, Florida
- Clearwater scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Clearwater scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Windmoor Healthcare, Morton Plant Hospital, and Morton Plant Hospital.
- There are 232 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater, Rainbow Manor, and Elzaida\'s Tender Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 721 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Clearwater Golf Park, Clearwater Country Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at On Top of The World Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Cliff Stephens Park, Philippe Park, and Hammock Park.
- There are 173 churches in or near the city, including Skycrest Baptist Church, Good Samaritan Episcopal Chr, and Light of Christ Catholic Chr.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 310 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 54 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,977, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,292, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,304, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,450 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,057 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clearwater receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clearwater has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Clearwater has a dense population density of 3,556.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clearwater have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Clearwater has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.31%.