Senior Living in Cleveland, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Cleveland, NC: 27013
- Cleveland scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Cleveland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Davis Regional Medical Center and Iredell Memorial Hospital Inc).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cujo Family Care, Brookdale Peachtree, and Piedmont Village-Statesville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club Of Salisbury, Crescent Golf Club, and Statesville Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Salisbury Community Park, Lazy 5 Ranch, and Statesville / I-77 KOA.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Cleveland First Baptist Church, Cornerstone Baptist Church, and Allen Temple Presbyterian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,376, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,383, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,253, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,321 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cleveland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cleveland has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cleveland has a very sparse population density of 80.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cleveland have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cleveland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.40%.