Senior Living in Cleveland, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Cleveland, WV: 26215
- Cleveland scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Cleveland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Braxton Health Care & Rehabilitation Center).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Arnold Palmer Signature Course at Stonewall Resort, Mountain View Golf Course, and Buckhannon Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Holly River State Park, Bulltown Campground, and West Virginia State Wildlife Center.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Alton United Methodist Church and Beatty Paul).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $22,434, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $6,678, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cleveland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cleveland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cleveland has a very sparse population density of 17.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cleveland have a very short daily commute time.
- Cleveland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 45.45%.