Senior Living in Clifton, Colorado
Top zip codes in Clifton, CO: 81520
- Clifton scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Clifton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grand Junction Va Medical Center, St Mary\'s Hospital And Medical Center, and Community Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Peach Tree Care Center, Bookcliff Manor Assisted Living, and Grand Junction Senior Services and Resources.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Bookcliff Country Club, Lincoln Park Golf Course, and Tiara Rado Golf Course.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Coronado Park, Long Family Memorial Park, and James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including Clifton Assembly of God, Clifton Christian Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 57 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,034, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,973, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,727, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,330 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clifton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Clifton has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clifton has an average population density of 650.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clifton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Clifton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.09%.