Senior Living in Clifton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Clifton, OH: 45316
- Clifton scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Clifton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ohio Valley Medical Center, Llc, Springfield Regional Medical Center, and Greene Memorial Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friends Care Community, Southbrook Care Center, and Elmcroft of Xenia.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 110 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Gold Course at Locust Hills Golf Club, North Course at Reid Memorial Park Golf Course, and Greene Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve, John Bryan State Park, and Peterson Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Elam Dean A, Schreiber William A, and Springfield Church of Christ.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 57 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,392, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,063, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,814, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clifton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Clifton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clifton has an average population density of 1,185.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clifton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clifton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.91%.