Senior Living in Climax, Michigan
Top zip codes in Climax, MI: 49034
- Climax scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Climax scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Battle Creek Va Medical Center, Southwest Rehab Hospital, and Borgess Medical Center.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stone Cottage Residence, The Laurels of Galesburg , and Care Community Assisted Living - Springfield.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Run Golf Course, Battle Creek Country Club, and Cedar Creek Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Fort Custer State Park, Fort Custer National Cemetery, and Robert Morris Park.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including Prairie Baptist Church, Lakeview Baptist Church, and Central Christian Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,280, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,843, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,376, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Climax receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Climax has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Climax has a very sparse population density of 63.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Climax have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Climax has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.03%.