Senior Living in Climax, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Climax, NC: 27233
- Climax scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Climax scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kindred Hospital-greensboro and Randolph Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Manor, Universal Health Care-Ramseur, and North Pointe of Asheboro.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Walnut Wood Golf Course, Green Acres Golf Course, and Ferguson Farms Golf.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hagan-Stone Park, DEEPRIVER CAMPGROUND & RV PARK INC, and North Asheboro Park.
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant Garden United Meth, New Covenant Wesleyan Church, and Pleasant Garden Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,528, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,145, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,311, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Climax receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Climax has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Climax has a sparse population density of 138.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Climax have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Climax has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.48%.