Senior Living in Clinton, Michigan
Top zip codes in Clinton, MI: 49236
- Clinton scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clinton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Herrick Memorial Hospital and Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakmont Parkway, The Gardens of Clinton Senior Apartments, and ProMedica Herrick Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Rustic Glen Golf Course, Raisin Valley Golf Club, and Tecumseh Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Sequoia Campground and Hidden Lake Gardens).
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Clinton United Methodist Chr, United Church of Christ, and United Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.42% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,565, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,736, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,650, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.06%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clinton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clinton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clinton has a sparse population density of 128.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clinton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clinton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.00%.