Senior Living in Clinton, Mississippi
Top zip codes in Clinton, MS: 39056
- Clinton scores higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Clinton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central Mississippi Medical Center, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, and University Of Mississippi Med Center.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clinton Healthcare - SNF, Brookdale Clinton, and Brookdale Clinton.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 272 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Sonny Guy Golf Course, Grove Park Golf Course, and Shady Oaks Country Club -East.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Traceway Park, Clinton Park, and Clinton Parks & Recreation.
- There are 366 churches in or near the city, including Northside Baptist Church, Pineview Baptist Church, and Morrison Heights Cdc.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 88 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,487, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,174, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,521, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clinton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clinton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Clinton has a sparse population density of 477.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clinton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Clinton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.43%.