Senior Living in Clinton, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Clinton, SC: 29325
- Clinton scores lower than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Clinton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Laurens County Healthcare System, Laurens County Healthcare Syst, and Whitten Center.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Langston Place, Clinton Presbyterian Community, and Nhc Healthcare - Clinton.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Musgrove Mill Golf Club, Lakeside Country Club, and Rolling.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including The Clinton House Plantation, Magnolia RV Park & Campground, and Sumter National Forest.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, United Ministries of Clinton, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,197, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,900, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,711, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,358 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.42%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clinton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clinton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clinton has a very sparse population density of 98.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clinton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Clinton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.87%.