Senior Living in Clio, Michigan
Top zip codes in Clio, MI: 48420
- Clio scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Clio scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hurley Medical Center).
- There are 67 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cranberry Park, Roxbury Court, and Maple Woods Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 110 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Clio Country Club, Vienna Greens Golf Course, and Beachwood Greens Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pine Ridge Rv Campground, Flushing Township Nature Park, and Frankenmuth Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Clio, Bray Road Baptist Church, and Landmark Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 91 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,592, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,690, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,352, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.37%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clio receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clio has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clio has a sparse population density of 342.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clio have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Clio has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.77%.