Senior Living in Clive, Iowa
Top zip codes in Clive, IA: 50325
- Clive scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Clive scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Central Iowa Healthcare System, Broadlawns Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center-des Moines.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodlands Creek Senior Living, Care Initiatives, and Deerfield Retirement Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 329 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Ponderosa Public Golf Course, North Course at Des Moines Golf & Country Club, and Glen Oaks Country Club.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Deer Ridge West Park, Hallbrook Park, and Wild Rose Park.
- There are 290 churches in or near the city, including Faith Lutheran Church, Living Faith Lutheran Church, and Christian Life Worship Ctr.
- There are 41 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 157 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 83 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $122,369, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,759, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,289, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.84%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clive receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Clive has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Clive has a dense population density of 2,011.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clive have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Clive has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.79%.