Senior Living in Cloquet, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cloquet, MN: 55720
- Cloquet scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cloquet scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Community Memorial Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnyside Health Care Center, Evergreen Knoll, and Lighthouse of Cloquet.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Big Lake Golf Club, Cloquet Country Club, and Pine Hill Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Spafford Park, Pine Valley, and Big Lake Shores Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church of Cloquet, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,421, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,812, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,891, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cloquet receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cloquet has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cloquet has a sparse population density of 105.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cloquet have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cloquet has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.60%.