Senior Living in Clovis, New Mexico
Top zip codes in Clovis, NM: 88101
- Clovis scores higher than the New Mexico average of 66.
- Clovis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Plains Regional Medical Center Clovis and Plains Regional Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Retirement Ranch, St Anthony Healthcare and Rehab Center, L, and Wheatfields Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Whispering Winds Golf Club, Par 3 Course at Clovis Municipal Golf Course, and Par 3 Course at Colonial Park Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Bob Spencer Park, Bob Spencer Park, and Travelers World Campground.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including 3 G\'s Ministries, Cannon Community Chapel, and Bethel Assembly of God Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.50%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Mexico has an average state income tax of 3.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,295, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,894, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,688, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,100 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,500 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,782 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clovis receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Clovis has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Clovis has a very sparse population density of 84.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clovis have a very short daily commute time.
- Clovis has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.66%.