Senior Living in Clymer, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Clymer, PA: 15728
- Clymer scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Clymer scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Indiana Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillsdale Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Sun Rose Manor, and Zele\'s Boarding Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Chetremon Golf Course, Indiana Country Club, and Indiana VFW Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Yellow Creek Campground, Yellow Creek State Park, and L & M Campgrounds.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including St Nicholas Church, First Church of God, and Prince of Peace Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,391, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,328, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,180, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Clymer receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Clymer has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Clymer has a very sparse population density of 86.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Clymer have an average daily commute time.
- Clymer has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.99%.