Senior Living in Coaldale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Coaldale, PA: 18218
- Coaldale scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Coaldale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital, Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, and Hazleton General Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, Edgemont Lodge, and Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tuscarora State Park, Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including St John Slovak Lutheran Church, St Ann\'s Rectory, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,632, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,646, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,325, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.56%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coaldale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Coaldale has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coaldale has an average population density of 1,048.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coaldale have a very long daily commute time.
- Coaldale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.76%.