Senior Living in Coalfield, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Coalfield, TN: 37719
- Coalfield scores significantly higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Coalfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Roane Medical Center, Methodist Medical Center Of Oak Ridge, and Methodist Med Ctr Of Oak Ridge.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harriman Care and Rehabilitation Center, Alexander Guest House, and Life Care Center of Morgan County.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Emory Golf & Country Club, Tri-County Golf Club, and Tennessee Centennial Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Windrock Park Campground, Windrock Campground, and Frozen Head State Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Central Church of Christ, 7Th Day Adventist Church, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,685, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,688, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,037, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,250 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,074 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,138 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coalfield receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Coalfield has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Coalfield has a sparse population density of 252.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coalfield have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Coalfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.91%.