Senior Living in Cobbs Creek, Virginia
Top zip codes in Cobbs Creek, VA: 23035
- Cobbs Creek scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Cobbs Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Riverside Walter Reed Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverside Convalescent Center - Mathews, Francis N Sanders Nursing Home, and Walter Reed Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Piankatank River Golf Club, Gloucester Country Club, and Windjammer Golf Course At Windmill Point Resort.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bush Park Camping Resort, Gwynns Island RV Resort, and Beaverdam Park.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Matthews Chapel, Cornerstone Fellowship Church, and Mathews Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,418, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,619, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,231, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,228 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,795 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,426 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.01%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cobbs Creek receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cobbs Creek has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Cobbs Creek has a sparse population density of 100.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cobbs Creek have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cobbs Creek has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.06%.