Senior Living in Cobden, Illinois
Top zip codes in Cobden, IL: 62920
- Cobden scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Cobden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Union County Hospital and Choate Mental Health Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cobden Rehab and Nursing Center, Union County Hospital L T C, and Cardinal Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Union County Country Club, Stone Creek Golf Course, and Midland Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Giant City State Park, Trail of Tears State Forest, and Classic Garden Ornaments Ltd.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Anna Church of God, Alto Pass Pentecostal Church, and First Church of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,107, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,991, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,411, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cobden receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cobden has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cobden has a very sparse population density of 49.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cobden have an average daily commute time.
- Cobden has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.15%.