Senior Living in Coburn, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Coburn, PA: 16832
- Coburn scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Coburn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Meadows Psychiatric Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Elmcroft of Reedsville).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Run Golf Course, Nittany Country Club, and State College Elks Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Poe Valley State Park, Poe Paddy State Park, and Woodward Cave.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Milheim United Methodist Chr, and Putt Sr Edward H.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,338, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,313, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,719, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coburn receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coburn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Coburn has a very sparse population density of 29.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coburn have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Coburn has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.06%.