Senior Living in Cockeysville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Cockeysville, MD: 21030
- Cockeysville scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Cockeysville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Joseph Medical Center, Sheppard And Enoch Pratt Hosp, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 167 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maryland Masonic Homes, Broadmead, and Greenfield Senior Living of Cockeysville.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 415 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Hayfields Country Club, Chestnut Ridge Country Club, and Baltimore Country Club -East.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Gramercy Mansion, Irvine Nature Center, and Hampton National Historic Site.
- There are 257 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Episcopal Church, Catholic Community-St Francis, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 151 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,998, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,639, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,522, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.90%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cockeysville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cockeysville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Cockeysville has an average population density of 1,024.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cockeysville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cockeysville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.41%.