Senior Living in Cocoa Beach, Florida
Top zip codes in Cocoa Beach, FL: 32931
- Cocoa Beach scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Cocoa Beach scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cape Canaveral Hospital, Devereux Hosp & Children\'s Ctr, and Wuesthoff Medical Center Rockledge.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Icma Retirement Corporation, Lacasa Memory Care, and Holy Cross Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 169 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (50% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Dolphin/Lakes Course at Cocoa Beach Country Club, Manatee Cove Golf Course, and Indian River Colony Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Jetty Park, Kars Park, and Viera Regional Park.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Church of Our Saviour, First Baptist Church-Cocoa Bch, and Lutheran Church-Resurrection.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,839, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,231, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,840, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cocoa Beach receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cocoa Beach has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cocoa Beach has a dense population density of 2,610.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cocoa Beach have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cocoa Beach has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.18%.