Senior Living in Cocoa, Florida
- Cocoa scores significantly lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Cocoa scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wuesthoff Medical Center Rockledge, Cape Canaveral Hospital, and Devereux Hosp & Children\'s Ctr.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rockledge Health and Rehabilitation Center, Palace Retirement Home, and Huntington Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Country Golf & Country Club, Turtle Creek Golf Club, and Rockledge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sonrise Palms RV Park, Viera Regional Park, and Kars Park.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Cocoa, Accepted In Beloved, and Greater St Paul Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,691, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,313, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,291, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cocoa receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cocoa has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cocoa has an average population density of 1,480.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cocoa have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cocoa has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.57%.