Senior Living in Codorus, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Codorus, PA: 17311
- Codorus scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Codorus scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hanover Hospital, York Hospital, and Memorial Hospital York.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Columbia Cottage - Hanover, Fair Havens Assisted Living, and Wonders Personal Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Little Creek Golf Course, Hickory Heights Golf Club, and Bon Air Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (River Valley Ranch (RVR) and Charlotte\'s Quest Nature Center).
- There are 141 churches in or near the city, including Christ United Church of Christ, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Pleasant Hill Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,672, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,464, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,177, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.49%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Codorus receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Codorus has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Codorus has a dense population density of 4,581.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Codorus have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Codorus has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.65%.