Senior Living in Coeur D Alene, Idaho
- Coeur D Alene scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Coeur D Alene scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kootenai Medical Center, Kootenai Medical Center, and Northwest Specialty Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Beehives Homes N Idaho, Courtyard at Coeur D\'alene, and Rose Terrace Cottages.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Coeur D\'Alene Resort Golf Course, Ponderosa Springs G C, and Coeur D\'Alene Public Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Fernan Ranger Station, Tamarack RV Park and Vacation Rentals, and McEuen Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Boone W L Reverend, Assembly of God Church, and Apostolic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,777, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,323, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,370, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,480 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.43%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coeur D Alene receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Coeur D Alene has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Coeur D Alene has an average population density of 1,016.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coeur D Alene have a very short daily commute time.
- Coeur D Alene has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.37%.