Senior Living in Coeymans, New York
Top zip codes in Coeymans, NY: 12045
- Coeymans scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Coeymans scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, St Peter\'s Hospital, and Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverside Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Capital District Ddos.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Sycamore Country Club, Private Course at Evergreen Country Club, and Pheasant Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Schodack Island State Park, Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, and Five Rivers Environmental Education Center.
- There are 130 churches in or near the city, including Albany Teen Challenge, Grace United Methodist Church, and St Patricks.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,340, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,318, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,907, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.87%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coeymans receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coeymans has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Coeymans has an average population density of 795.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coeymans have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Coeymans has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.86%.