Senior Living in Coffeen, Illinois
Top zip codes in Coffeen, IL: 62017
- Coffeen scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Coffeen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hillsboro Area Hospital and Edward A Utlaut Mem Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Montgomery Nursing and Rehab Center, Hillsboro Rehab and Hcc, and The Glenwood of Greenville.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Springs Golf Club, Hillsboro Country Club, and Greenville Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Indian Grove Campground, Coffeen Lake - State Fish and Wildlife Area, and Sherwood Forest Campground.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Hillsboro Salvation Army, and Sandlin Kenneth W.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,199, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,513, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,384, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coffeen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coffeen has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Coffeen has a very sparse population density of 37.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coffeen have a short daily commute time.
- Coffeen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.12%.